Refund Information

Refunds of Maryland's Sales and Use Tax

If you improperly paid Maryland's 6 percent sales and use tax on a retail product or service that is normally not taxable in Maryland, you should first try to seek a refund from the merchant.

If you are unable to obtain a refund from the merchant, you may apply for a refund by completing Form ST 205 - Sales and Use Tax Refund Application.

Mail your completed Form ST-205, along with a copy of the sales invoice or other appropriate records that support the refund request, to:

Comptroller of Maryland
Compliance Division
301 West Preston Street
Baltimore, MD 21201-2383
ATTN: Refund Supervisor